Mike & Camille +2

Mike & Camille +2

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rachel and Jacob PLUS a Triathlon? CRAZY!! :)

And here we have the infamous Jacob and Rachel. These two are the best of friends being the oldest grandkids and in the same grade. I sure do love them and I know Mike and I enjoyed them coming to visit. I just wish it hadn't been so short or that I had been so busy! I had a lot of Relief Society duties and meetings, and then my triathlon 1st timer meeting, but it was still fun :) Its funny because we were discussing how close we are in age (Rach was born when I was 7, almost eight, and Jacob when I was eight) and that I'm closer in age to these two then I am to their moms, Heidi and Valerie! Crazy! :) Its weird having them grow up...they're both almost 14 now and time has just flown by way too fast. But back to their visit. Above is a picture of us being goofy. Well, no matter what we did to Rach, she still looked normal and good...she can pull of any look! Jacob on the other hand...well you have eyes! He's a goof! :) But such a good sport..thanks for putting up with us Jake.

Gangstas...true blue gangstas

Me trying to be cool...they're succeeding more then me. Well, maybe not Jacob :)

If you're wondering where Mike is, he's taking the Pics...he wasn't in the mood to dress up with us. Though can you blame him? He might've ended up like Jake! ;)

Getting Ice Cream at Maverick...it was pretty disgusting not gonna lie.

Jacob's awkward cone with Rachel's professional cone done by yours truly...Michael.

Us with my cone...Mike didn't want one.

Day two of their visit we went and played laser tag...yea, we totally won! We were playing another team or a group of kids, who got mad at our amazing skills. Above is in the arcade and was this jump rope thing that really addicting!

Michael on the Jump Rope thingy.

Jacob getting mad that he messed up and jumping off. I thought it looked cool. And sorry Rach, for some reason I couldn't find the one we got of you :(

We also did minature golf which was way fun, but you have to watch out for Jacob...he doesn't know how to hit soft! And poor Rachel...haha, well...nevermind ;)

Now on to their last day and also the day of, drum roll please....THE TRIATHLON!! Yep, that's right folks...I did my first triathlon this year in Rexburg, Idaho. Its called The Rush, and I can only tell you its true...you get such a rush while doing it and after thinking about what you accomplished. I only wish I had trained harder...I know I could have done better. But that only means that there will be that much more room for improvement next year right? I can't wait! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be really. Yea I was tired after, but during there was so much adrenaline and everything that helped me keep going. The hardest part for me was the swimming...I hate to swim and hadn't been practicing much before hand and had forgotten all the techniques of how to swim. By the end I felt like I'd lapped up half the lake and was feeling pretty bogged down. It was also really hard for me to swim straight without any land marks beneath the water or in the sky. I think I swam way more then the half mile that was required from all the zig-zagging. Oh well...better next time!
This is before the race...a stick on tattoo that helped people in the transition areas know that I was a first timer so that they could treat me extra nicely :)

My AMAZING fan club! Their Shirts read, "Go Cammille Reese". Yep, Cammille. Haha, when I saw the shirt I asked, "Umm, honey...do you know how to spell my name?" It was pretty early when they did them though, so I had to let him off the hook. And then he decided it was just to symbolize when I was in the water, shivering, causing the extra "m". :) Oh honey...I love you so much! :)

The beginning...the half mile swim!

Lots of swimmers...

I'm just barely coming outta the water...I'm the one without the wet suit. The water was actually pretty warm. An advantage to having a wet suit, however, would be that it would help me float, something I needed being water logged!

Here I am again...coming out and with my complimentary cap still on.

Stage II...the 14 mile bike ride. If you look really closely you can see my left leg is marked with my number. That took me an awfully long while to scrub off afterwards.

Biking...just got done with the big temple hill and feeling good!

Another bike shot.

Heading into transition III area...

Rachel's sweet rock sign she made for me while they were waiting. You're such a sweet heart! :)

Coming into the track after the 3 mile run.

Crossing the finish line...it was amazing and I'd certainly do it again! I highly recommend it to anyone! You can do it! If I can, you can!

Everybody got a medal. Here's my bright cherry red face showing off mine :)

This was later that same day...I'm sporting the shirt they gave me and am with Rachel in the "tornado simulator". It was kinda cool...kinda messed up my hair though.




And here is Mike and Jacob in it as well....once again, love the face Jake! :) And there you have it...the fun times we had with Jacob and Rachel were awesome and we're so glad you guys were able to make it!

3 comments:

  1. Rach had so much fun. Reading this she could not stop laughing. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just makes me smile and giggle:) Especially your cool poses--ha, ha, ha! LOVE IT!!! What a fun, fun time you guys had:) I'm so glad it worked out that they were able to come. I still haven't found a time to show Jacob. I will have to have him comment when he does...

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You amaze me! I wish I had your motivation--maybe in the life hereafter I will do a triathlon...

    ReplyDelete