Christmas this year was a busy one. My Mom and Dad were able to come down and visit us in Rexburg and lucky for us bring some of our Christmas decorations that were in storage. Below is the finished product of our tree with us standing by it and below that was us putting it together (yep, we have a fake tree). Mike thinks its better for the environment to have fake ones :)

I love Christmas! Growing up it was probably one of my favorite holidays, I just loved all of the decorations and the spirit of the season. I remember every year we use to go around and count all of the nativities my mom had-she collects them and has A LOT! Since my dad's stroke we haven't put them all up and I've missed that even though it is understandable since it usually would be an all weekend event and my dad had to help a lot, especially with the outside life size nativity. Anyways, I have started getting nativities as well and loved putting them up along with our Christmas tree.

Here's the start :)

Then we headed off to Texas and on our flight down we were offered 1st class seats since they were full! Can you say lucky? I've never been more lucky than when I married Mike. He's the luckiest guy I know! It was a fun experience, but both Mike and I decided that it certainly wouldn't be worth the extra money we have riding coach.

For Christmas Mike got hockey tickets to one of his favorite teams, the Red Wings. I was able to get a really good deal off ebay and I'm glad I got them. Mike said they were by far the best present I've given him so far. Did you doubt me before about Mike being lucky? Well get this...we arrived early and went down on the floor seats to take some pictures of the team practicing (the picture above). When the game started, no one had come for the seats we were in so we just stayed! We were able to sit there for over half of the game! Right behind the goalie! It was really incredible. Then we went up to our seats and the view was still pretty decent, and it was on the other side of the rink where we were able to see five goals made by the Red Wings! So cool :) I don't know why someone would pay all the money for floor seats and then not show up till half way through the game, but it was a fun experience for us :)

When we got back, Mike got on his own hockey team and loved every minute of it. He did really well too and his team ended up placing second in the end of the semester tournament. His coach helped the guys improve a lot and was a really good player and awesome guy. Mike got to be pretty good friends with him and really enjoyed his team.

This is an awesome shot of Mike going after the puck and almost making a goal. He did make a goal during the season, just not this one, but we both love the action displayed in this pic.

Mike was also able to go skiing with his brother Kevin, Stu and their friend down in Utah. It was a good experience for Mike even if he got extremely sore from it all :)

It was also this winter that we became avid BYU basketball watchers. Jimmer (pictured above) was an incredible player and it was fun having friends over to watch him play. Mike was able to find his autograph (again pictured above) on ebay for really cheap and couldn't pass up buying it. Since then the price has gone up, so we're lucky he got it when he did.

And finally to end our winter semester break, we had the privilege of going down and seeing my sister, Angela, and her family, Moe (husband), Kenya, Naomi, and Micah, be angels in the Savior of the World production their stake put on. They put in a lot of hours for this and it paid off. It was a beautiful production and we're so glad we were able to be close enough to go! Thanks for inviting us! :) Pictured above are the family members able to go. Moe's sister Kristi, Ashley, Mom, Dad, Kenya's friend, Grandma Norine, Jeanine, and Mike and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment