
Mike and I are really lucky to have so many good friends here in Rexburg. The very first couple we had over after getting married were the Schenks and lucky for us they have been around since. We just barely started becoming better friends last semester, but I sure am glad we did! Mike and Nick get along great and Lindsay loves to read...need I say more? :) The other great quality about this couple is their son, Koen, who is a doll and so much fun! Mike and him have a really cute relationship and Koen just LOVES Mike, no joke! Its really cute and makes me happy to see it. But anyways, awhile back we went on a picnic with these awesome guys and then played some frisbee golf. Here are some pictures from that. Above is Nick and Mike going out to play.

Throwing the frisbee.

Little Koen eating his lunch while we ate ours.

A few weeks ago we were able to go down to Park City to visit Mike's parents, his sister Stephanie, and Ryan, his little brother. I was surprised the doctors said it was okay to go, but they did, so we went! It was a fun trip and was nice to see family. Ryan is attending his first semester at BYU and we were able to help him move in. It was fun remembering back when I moved into the dorms for the first time, and shortly after met Mike! Before moving in, we were able to have a few days with Ryan and so Mike went and did the Alpine Slides, runs, and many more activities with him. I didn't do as much...I didn't really feel like having Steven come and join us :) Above is Mike coming down the slide.

Mike and Ryan on their way up to the Slide.

Ryan coming down the slide.

Next are some things that I'm really excited about! We finally got a diaper bag! I'm so fickle and can never decide what I want, but I'm excited about this one and feel good about my choice. Yes, it has flowers, but I figure it doesn't look too feminine and looks more like a purse than a diaper bag anyway so Steven hopefully won't mind :) The next project I've been wanting to do for a while was decorate a wipes container. One of my friends did it to hers and I loved it! So I called up one of my other good friends and we got together and decorated these while our husbands played some video games (their daughter Chloe was already asleep). It was a lot of fun! I'm just sad I wasn't thinking and didn't get pictures of us doing it together or at least both of us with our end projects. But anyhow...may I present my wipes container! :)

Here's the front view. I used extra fabric that was left over from the bumper pads and curtains I made for his room and then ribbon from our wedding cake.

And the side...this ribbon was generously donated by Ashley, the girl I did this with. It still opens and so is completely functional and was so much fun to do! It didn't take very long at all...just cutting time and hot gluing time. Though I am kinda a perfectionist sometimes so it might have taken longer than it should have but I would do it again in a heart beat! The next project we talked about doing is making those hanging diaper containers. I still have left over fabric and think that would be so cute to match everything and I really don't think it would be hard to do at all! I've started making a pattern out of newspaper and Ashley has a sewing machine we can use so this might just happen! I'll have to post a picture if it actually does and if it turns out looking okay :)
No comments:
Post a Comment