Mike & Camille +2

Mike & Camille +2

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mike's Internship

This is a non-picture post...but for those who are curious, Mike got an internship! He's shadowing his older brother Kevin who is an administrator at a nursing home facility called Ensign which is in Paris, Texas. He's going on his third week now, but really he's only been on site for a few days due to Kevin being out of town for training or different things. But during those times Mike has stayed busy reading the policies and procedures and getting familiar with the company. We're both hoping this could lead into a job after the internship, and so far the possibilities are looking good!

Mike has said that he loves the challenging business aspect where its almost like a game trying to cut costs while providing the best care, but he still gets to touch lives and interact with lots of people and feel like he's making a difference. Its long hours, but that doesn't seem to bug him. And when I say long hours, I mean LOOOONG hours. Each day he's gone he has left before I'm awake, and gets home after Steven's asleep. Some of that has to do with the process of his brother (who's his ride) turning a failing facility around and so it needs a lot of TLC right now. The other reason is its in Paris...which is 1 1/2 hours away. Because the days have been spaced he's still been able to come home some, but starting this Wed Mike will be staying up there to save on gas and time. This week will only be two nights, but normally he'll leave early Monday morning and get back late Friday night. There's a studio apartment that he's brother stays at off of the facility so he'll be bunking with him and on the occasions when Kev comes home, Mike will be able to as well, but I'm trying not to count on that so I don't get disappointed when/if it doesn't happen.

As far as work for me, I've moved my days to be Thurs, Fri, Sat nights so that Mike can watch Steven for most of the time I'm sleeping, we'll just need help Friday's when I sleep. So yes, if you've done the math you'll have realized that Mike and I will only have Sundays together which really kinda stinks, and it makes me really sad just thinking about it, but both of us feel really good about him spending this much time up there and its only for about 5-6 weeks. Anything is doable, and we want to raise Steven and be there with him so its a sacrifice we're willing to make. I can't wait till the time I can stay home full time and that day is fast approaching-especially if he gets a job right after graduating this April! Wow what a blessing that would be!

I'm so proud of Mike and all that he does for our family. He has really stepped it up this pregnancy when I really didn't feel like doing anything most of the days and became such a slop. He cleaned, did laundry, took care of Steven, and did school. I did help...just not as much as I normally do but Mike stepped up and helped where I lacked. Thankfully I"m over all of the annoying tiredness and nausea for the most part-I actually want to eat again and can drink water more than a little at a time! YAY!! And now that I'm better, Mike has taken to the long hours, sacrificing and learning/doing more just to ensure our family's security and well being. He is a hard worker, the love of my life, and such a good daddy. I couldn't ask for a better man...I love him so much! So thank you Michael, for all that you do and being a worthy preisthood holder, hard worker, and dedicated daddy to our children...Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! What a sweet post about Mike :) I understand the sacrificing time spent with each other so that your kids only have you or daddy watch them. We did it too, and I understand the bit about not seeing your husband much, I've done that MANY times. If you ever need a listening ear, I'm just a phone call away...

    ReplyDelete