Mike & Camille +2

Mike & Camille +2

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Update on life...told in pictures :)



I'm really behind...with the move and being tired, I just haven't had the energy to blog much. But I do want to update somewhat. I'm having difficulty uploading pics and videos but these are some of the ones I have managed to get on. The next series of pictures is of Steven playing in a little fort I inherited from my mom. She had made it and I grew up playing with it so its fun to see Steven enjoy it as well. He'll often grab me by the hand and have me crawl in with him. Then we'll just sit in there and chat and giggle-kinda fun :)




While going through all our boxes of stuff we found some of Mike's doo-rags (not sure how to spell that) So of course I had to put one on Steven :) He's kinda a cutie I think :)


Can you see what is in the stroller? Nope, not a baby...but a ball! Steven has to give the ball a ride every time we go over and play with his cousin Capri. I couldn't get a better non-blurry picture because this is pretty much all he does-he'll run as fast as he can from wall to wall with the stroller. I'm surprised we haven't had more accidents actually :-/


Steven is getting more courageous with animals! He was pretty cute petting my sister's kid's guinea pigs while we visited them. He's new favorite song is E-I-E-I-O to which he calls it eieieieo and he loves hearing all the different animals. He also has branched out from only watching Toy Story to now also enduring Madagascar. I think he's going to be like his Uncle Trent and love animals :)


While visiting our friends who had a three month old, I took the opportunity to try and teach Steven how to be soft with a baby. He actually did really good and loved giving Rory kisses :) Hopefully the novelty of it won't wear off when I'm taking care of McKenzie 24/7 and he'll still love giving kisses and helping change diapers and pat her back when she's crying to help. At least we was okay with all of that with Rory...I'm hoping the key will just be to include him in everything and make him feel like a big help. AND also realize that its okay if McKenzie has to cry for a bit if I'm in the middle of something with Steven so that I make sure he is still getting one-on-one time and attention from mommy too. The last thing that I need him to learn is that he has to misbehave to get attention which I can see happening if I become too focused on the little one. Aah the joys I'm about to embark on! Crazy that it is almost here! 



Steven lately loves to put on our shoes and wear them around...I love how he put on my flip flops...so inventive :)


My little Idaho boy :) Experiencing his first corn on the cob and thinking he's pretty cool :)




Haha, what a goof! I love him and his silly expressions! Here is one of his silly smiles that I tried to capture. I don't think the pictures do it quite enough justice but they're still cute so I thought I'd share.






Random belly shot. Per request of my mother yet again...here's Miss McKenzie last week at 36 weeks. Funny thing about this is I was comparing it to my 39 week pic with Steven and I'm just as big now as I was full term with him :-/ But I carried him up a little higher and she is just poking straight out. My doctor did a sonogram this week just to see her size...bigger babies can increase bleeding...anyways we're shaping up to have another big one! At 37 weeks she is weighing in at 7 1/2 lbs already! So if I go the full 40 weeks and she gains the average 1/2-1lb per week thing then I will be having an almost 9 lb baby yet again. Hmm...kinda made me depressed just slightly thinking I'd have to push out another monster. Made it more real for me thinking that and remembering what I went through with Steven made me anxious to keep her in...but at the same time get her here now before she keeps growing! Its a no win situation. Cute thing is that we got to see her chubby cheeks on the sonogram. Yep...following in big brother's footsteps through and through-they look chunky! :) I guess we'll find out soon enough...can't believe I'm already less than a month! CRAZY!!


Steven and Capri after we got done swimming and stripping them down for the walk home. We love having the pool right in our front yard basically! Steven is a little water monkey and hates when we have to go. Hopefully we can keep it up after McKenzie comes still since he loves it so much. I don't know why the picture keeps getting cut off at Capri. It doesn't show that way on the edit screen and I can't figure it out so sorry you have to see only half of it.


This pic doesn't show it off nearly well enough, but this kid was a MESS! It was nice outside, so we had left the back door open to our little backyard and Steven would come in and out...he's certainly a boy and loves to play in the dirt and mud though! :)


This last picture is also of him a mess, but I posted it mainly because of his tongue. I had noticed he likes to stick it out a lot, but it wasn't until Mike asked Steven to show me that I noticed how LONG Steven's tongue is. I couldn't get a pic, but this boy can touch his nose with his tongue without even straining! Aunt Heidi jeans? :) Its kinda funny :) And that is the end! I'll try to post the videos later...I'm tired and headed to bed I think. So good night, farewell, hopefully I won't be as long on my next post as I was with this one! Sorry :-/

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys are doing well! What cute pictures :) We have the same stroller, and it get's a ton of use here as well. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete