
First of all, Congrats Heidi!! Little Thomas Benson Lloyd is a beautiful kid, looks like Jacob and David, and who would have thought you'd have another redheaded boy? :) Welcome to the family Thomas!

On to our next item of buisness...BLACKFOOT FAIR!! Can you believe that Mike has never been to a rodeo before? With this being said, you can see why there was no way we were going to pass up going to the Blackfoot State Fair Rodeo! (Marjorie and Mom...do you remember how I use to love watching the musical State Fair growing up?) AND it was a great excuse to be able to wear our cowboy boots! Mike got his on his mission and they still needed to be broken in a bit. He got blisters :( But he also said that he had a lot of fun, so I guess it was worth it :)

This is a booth that had Tinkerbell painted on it. Mike thought his nieces would love it, so he had me stand by it so he could get a picture.

I think my favorite part was watching Mike experience and enjoy his first rodeo. He was like a little kid! :) I'm pretty sure his favorite events were the bronco riding (picture above) and the bull riding (video below) events. Silly boy...he was laughing and loved when the cowboys would almost get stepped on or rammed into the wall. It was a long, but fun rodeo.

A picture of us before it all began.
Mike captured this video of a bull rider, and I have to say I thought he did a pretty good job and it was a good, exciting one to film. Hope you all enjoy! Love you all!
I still haven't ever taken my kids to a rodeo...maybe next year. Perhaps their first experience will be with their future spouse...
ReplyDeleteBTW I had forgotten the story about you shooting the rock-chucks. It just made me giggle:)
You've got to love the rodeo! Now you've got to go country dancing in those fancy boots!!!
ReplyDelete