Last weekend before school started we were able to go to Wyoming to visit my brother Trent. It was a lot of fun and nice for Mike to become better aquatinted with my bro since the only interaction he had with him was at the wedding which = not very much :) We left Rexburg after I got off work, arrived there around ten thirty after having a lot of detours and me messing up the directions. Oops! But after a good nights rest my brain started working properly again and I was able to enjoy the rest of the stay. Saturday morning we went to a little beach where the boys went fishing and us girls (Mardy, Clariee, and I) stayed on the beach and played in the water. Mardy's friend was also there with her little boy and Clariee's friend, and it was a lot of fun seeing them interact.
I did end up hitting the target, wahoo! This certainly isn't my first time shooting though, so I had an advantage. In fact, one of my favorite stories about shooting happened my senior year of high school. I came home and found my dad out on the back porch with the rifle (or whatever type of gun he has) on his lap. I started talking to him and he "shushed" me then pointed. I looked and saw a rockchuck on our lawn and asked him if he was going to shoot it. He said "Yes!" I just laughed at him and asked how he expected to shoot with one hand. He shook his head and said, "I dunno!" So I asked if he wanted me to try to shoot it, I took the gun, aimed, and I got it! All my dad could saw was, "I don't believe it!" Haha, neither could I quite honestly! I know this isn't usually my type of thing, but I felt pretty good at succeeding! AND I was able to get two more! For those who don't like math, that means I killed three rockchucks in one day! Go Camille! :) Okay, I'm a dork I know, and just for the record, I don't like killing innocent animals, but those things are no good! They were eating our garden and digging holes in our lawn. So, I did a justice for humanity...right?
And they played Mario Cart on the Wii. That didn't help get Mike's mind off of buying one for ourselves, but he had fun and even tied for first with Mardy's brother Gus and then won on the second go around for the tie breaker. Hahaa, and I love how Mike is the only one in this picture that is so intent and zoned into the game. Love you honey! :)
I love it!! How fun for you all! I'm so glad Mike was able to get know Trent better.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm so glad you went. I love my family. You guys are ssoooo much fun!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLuv, Mom
I to ask, Did they catch any fish?
ReplyDeleteSadly they didn't. Though it was funny...Mike came back and said he caught, what was it?...a flathead rainbow trout which is "really rare" so they had to let it go. Trent told him that that was a really rare fish, but it doesn't even exist! Mike got caught in his fib :)
ReplyDelete