This last one wasn't from the show. Apparently while Mike was at work this kid from one of his classes last semester came up and asked him to be in this photo for a quick moment. It was a slow day so Mike said, "Sure!". The picture above showed up on all the student's homepage today. My husband is famous!! Haha, apparently they took a lot of pictures, and Mike remembers this one because the guy told them to be serious. Now look again at the picture...notice how every is serious? Everyone but Mike that is :) What a goofball! But that's why I love ya hon! You make me smile and I sure do love you!
Mike & Camille +2
Monday, September 21, 2009
Nashville Tribute!
Last Friday, the 18th, was the mark of Mike and I being married for two whole months! CRAZY!! I can't believe how fast time has flown by, but its been great so far :) We didn't really do anything for our first month anniversary, and we probably won't be doing things on every month mark, but for this one we were able to go to the Nashville Tribute to the Prophet Joseph Smith show and it was amazing! Mike had sent me the CD while he was on his mission and I would listen to it before I'd go to clinical and practically all the time for awhile. So knowing that I loved the CD, and since he really liked it too, Mike got online and ordered us some tickets. I had to work that day, but I got off at six-thirty, came home and we quickly went to a ward function (they had free pizza so of course we had to go:) ) then off to the concert. We saw a lot of friends there too like Kyle and Sharon, and then Jeremy and his date. The performers were out selling CDs, t-shirts, and signing autographs afterwards and we went to met them...well only one really :) Mike had warned me that he is a fanatic about getting autographs, and when he wants one, he'll get it. He wasn't kidding! Mindy Gledhill, a really popular Mormon singer (especially among the missionaries), was there and even though there were A TON of people we had to push through, we got up right next to her! Yea! :) On our way home we talked about what a neat experience that was and how lucky we are to be here at BYU-I where there's lots of cool opportunities and where the spirit is so strong. Apparently they're coming out with a new CD as a tribute to missionaries that's going to be release this coming January. We're excited to see what its like! The song they sang from it was good and was a promising start :) Also Due West, a country band, play/sing in the Nashville Tribute Band and they're really awesome! I didn't know if any of you country listeners would want to check them out...but they have some good stuff from what I've checked out and apparently their song I Get That All the Time is in the top 10 for country music videos. It made me happy that a good and wholesome group was succeeding ya know? So anywho...enjoy the pictures from the show down below! :)
Mike, Mindy, and Me. Mike laughed at me because at first I wasn't too willing to let her stand in between Mike and I :) And I'm really not as short as it looks. It was just an awkward position and I had to stoop a bit.
The crew at the show-pianiost, guitarist, drumist:) (that sounds funny), guitarist/singer, two kids who sang a song, guitarist/singer, guitarist/singer, and singer.
This last one wasn't from the show. Apparently while Mike was at work this kid from one of his classes last semester came up and asked him to be in this photo for a quick moment. It was a slow day so Mike said, "Sure!". The picture above showed up on all the student's homepage today. My husband is famous!! Haha, apparently they took a lot of pictures, and Mike remembers this one because the guy told them to be serious. Now look again at the picture...notice how every is serious? Everyone but Mike that is :) What a goofball! But that's why I love ya hon! You make me smile and I sure do love you!
This last one wasn't from the show. Apparently while Mike was at work this kid from one of his classes last semester came up and asked him to be in this photo for a quick moment. It was a slow day so Mike said, "Sure!". The picture above showed up on all the student's homepage today. My husband is famous!! Haha, apparently they took a lot of pictures, and Mike remembers this one because the guy told them to be serious. Now look again at the picture...notice how every is serious? Everyone but Mike that is :) What a goofball! But that's why I love ya hon! You make me smile and I sure do love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You guys are sooooo cute! What fun.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every opportunity you have because this is the season to do these fun things. Sure do luv ya both. Camie have I told you lately "How glad I am we had you? Because I am."
Thanks Mom! :) And have I told you lately how glad I am that you had me? Because I am :) Give Dad a bi ol` hug for me would ya? And good luck at the dentists! :-/
ReplyDeleteWay back when I first read this post I remember thinking and wanting to post, "Why is that girl in between Camille and Mike." I had to laugh when I soon read your reaction too! You guys are cute!
ReplyDelete