Mike & Camille +2

Mike & Camille +2

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

For the conference weekend Mike and I were able to go down to Utah and stay with my parents. We were also able to see Mike's sister, Stephanie, his dad, and his two brothers, Kevin and Rob, who all had just gotten done running the St. George Marathon. Good job guys! They were all pretty tired when we got to his aunt's house, and who could blame them? It was really nice to see them, however short it was. Below are some pictures from the weekend.

We were able to go to a session of conference where surprisingly we saw a kid who was in an area where Mike served. He was a really cool kid who went on splits with Mike all the time. It was fun for me to hear stories, including how Mike is apparently a legend in his mission. Stevie (pictured below) said that even after Mike went home there would be new Elders who'd come into the area and talk about an Elder Reese who tore up the mission and had no fear in talking to people. Stevie was always proud to be able to say, "Yea...I went on splits with him like every day!". It make me happy to hear what a good missionary my husband was and I can believe it since he has absolutely no fear and it seemed like every letter I got he had come up with a new way to approach people to break the ice. I'm proud of my husband :)

Stevie and Mike

Mike and my Dad at the priesthood session.

These next few pictures are not from our trip to Utah weekend but are kinda fun. Above is a picture of Mike with the poster of him that was up all over campus. It was funny because when he met some of my friends at my surprise party they were like, "Hey, you're the kid from the communications poster!". It made him happy that he was so "famous". Silly goof :)

And above is the hamburger jack-o-lantern that I found on the internet and made for when we had our friends Jeff and Karissa over for dinner. I didn't get a picture of them, but we also had marsh potatoes (green mashed potatoes), monster toes/mummies (little wiener roasters with flour tortillas), and blood juice (red juice). The side pieces are the cut outs of the mouth and nose that we cooked. It was fun and it was surprising good! Doesn't look that yummy, but it wasn't bad.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see Mike having no fear...great quality for effective missionary work.

    How fun to have a 'themed' Halloween dinner...You're so creative!! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete