Mike & Camille +2

Mike & Camille +2

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ohio Open House

While out in Ohio, we were able to have an open house and I was able to meet a lot of Mike's friends. We stayed out there for about a week. We were actually suppose to leave Sunday morning, but the flight was booked, so we chose to be bumped and stayed till Thursday. It was a nice surprise, and an answer to Elise's prayer. Mike's little niece was so sad to have us leave, and Saturday night when she was going to bed her mom (Jenn) told her that we would be gone in the morning. While saying her prayers she broke down and in tears asked Heavenly Father to, "Please don't let Mike and Camille leave tomorrow!" It was sweet and after that Ryan (Mike's brother) was sure he'd see us again at church. Well, he was right! Thanks Elise for praying and letting us be able to stay! :) Here are some pictures from our week out there...

Elise's hair for the open house. Jenn was inspired by my sister Angela's little girls. Funny story about that, Jenn asked Naomi (my niece) if her mom did their hair. Naomi is very blunt, sarcastic, and funny and she said, "No, my Mom doesn't do hair, our neighbor does it". Very true :)

Michael's good buddies from high school, Michael (left) and Alex (right)

The beautiful center pieces on the tables
One of Mike's tennis coaches, Mr. Baggily and his wife

The yummy food beautifully arranged

The amazing cake that Jenn made for us. I guess when she found out we weren't able to cut our cake at the reception, Jenn decided we needed that memory. So, for the next week before we came out, Jenn devoted her time n finding out out to make an extraordinary cake, and I think she succeeded! It was such a nice and fun surprise. Thanks! :)

Cutting the cake

And eating the cake

Playing on the playground with Chauncey and the girls

Michael holding his new nephew, Parker. He's going to make such a good daddy one day :)

Pushing Elise, Kate, with the help of Emily

Playing dress up in princess dresses. This is their "princess pose". I thought it was adorable :)

Michael couldn't help but get involved either and chose to dress up like Snow White. Silly Mike, you're too big!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I bet that man was a really good Couch:) The cake does look beautiful along with you!!! Did you guys not stuff each other's faces with the cake!? I also love the story about his neice, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Marj for pointing that out! I was super duper tired or something like that i'm sure:) And no, we didn't stuff it into each other's faces. I think that only me and Trent have had that happen huh? Anyways, love ya lots! Good luck with the next couple of weeks! :-/

    ReplyDelete