Mike & Camille +2

Mike & Camille +2

Monday, October 3, 2011

Meeting family, and Mike's Marathon!

This last weekend we had the opportunity to go down to St. George for Mike's marathon. Along the way we stopped by Tremonton so that Angela's kids and Moe could meet little Steven. Here are the pics of that :)
Moe with the little guy

And Naomi...

Micah with his new cousin

And Kenya with Steven. Steven did so good on the trip! He really didn't cry at all and only had to stop twice on our way down and then once on our way back. How did we get so lucky to have such an awesome kid?

We had some friends from Rexburg who graduated a year ago that live down in St. George. They were sweet enough to let us stay with them and feed us delicious food and of course gave us great company when we were at their house. We weren't able to spend a lot of time, but what we did was way too much fun. We miss these guys and it was fun to see them! Above is a picture of Mike with Jeff on his scooter, Sebastian. I thought we had gotten a picture of Karissa, but sadly we didn't :( She's so cute and pregnant right now-due in November. They were both really sweet with Steven and I know that they're going to be awesome parents.

This was Steven's first time meeting a lot of Mike's family. His two brothers, Kevin and Rob, and his sister Stephanie ran the marathon as well and his parents came up to watch everyone race. Above is his first time with Grandma.

And here is Uncle Kevin

And Uncle Rob. We got pictures of his first time with Aunt Stephanie and Papa as well, but it wasn't on our camera so I'll have to post those when we get them.

Saturday came and so did the marathon. It was extremely hot-record highs! Steven did so well! I couldn't believe it, especially since he was sweating and so hot! I kept him in the shade and would get the corner of his blanket wet and rub him down and then blow on him to try and keep him cool and comfortable. Above is a picture of him chilling while waiting for everyone to come in.

This wasn't the first time Papa held him, but at least one of the times...you can kind of see it in this picture, but I wanted to point out that Steven does indeed have a hint of red in his hair when he gets in the sun. Mike won't admit it, but its true. Not too much, but you can tell there's some red there.

Here is Mike running in! I am so proud of him! He twisted his ankle on mile 10, but was determined to finish and so he had to hobble run/walk the rest of the way. He was pretty disappointed that happened because he had been feeling really good and knew he could have done better, but he finished anyways! His ankle is pretty bruised and a little swollen, but thankfully I don't think too much damaged was done by his stubbornness to not give up. Above is a picture of a family friend, Elaine, his sister Stephanie, and his brother Rob running the last little bit with him in. Stephanie has a ace wrap on her leg because she split open her stitches while running and actually had to be told to stop when it was getting too swollen. I don't know what it is about these stubborn Reeses and their drive to finish despite everything, but I'm glad Stephanie and Mike are okay. It was a hard marathon for everyone with the heat and what not...I'm in awe of them all for being able to do it! I don't think I could ever do it myself.

Here he comes!! :)

Running into the finish




Coming in to get a drink and some food.

Showing off his metal-It was a really cool sandstone for the metal.


We stopped by Mike's Mom's parent's graves and took some pictures-Steven was with them not too long ago

This was my first time going here as well...it was a really special experience to be there and to hear Mike's memories after stopping by.

The boys by their grandparent's graves

We went to the Pizza Factory afterwards for lunch and Steven was able to chill in Grandma's arms and take a much needed nap.


I just love this boy so much! :)

Talking with Papa

Meeting Uncle Ryan for the first time. We were really lucky to have the one time we needed to stop be in Murray and soon after the Priesthood Session. Mike's little brother, Ryan, had gone to the session and met us after to see Steven and have some ice cream. Over all it was a really fun trip and I'm so glad that we were able to go and cheer on Mike for his first marathon and have a lot of Mike's family meet Steven for the first time. Fun, fun, fun! :)

3 comments:

  1. That's great that you were able to see so much of Mike's family, and us:) CONGRATULATIONS MIKE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys got to come down. It was awesome to see you. Jeff is already going through withdrawal from Mike. We're proud of him for sticking with it and finishing. I hope we get to see you again soon... maybe on your way to Texas. And we'll actually have a room and a bed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Mike and good job to you and Mike for making such a cute baby! He is a doll. Can't wait till I get to meet him too!

    ReplyDelete