My Dad made all of my sisters cribs when they got pregnant with their first kids. Since he'd had his stroke before I was even married, I didn't think that was going to happen for me...but low and behold my sweet Mother found a way! She asked my Grandma if we could use the crib my Dad had made for her. So a little used, but still nice and something my Dad had made. My Dad loved wood work and every item I have that he made is very near and dear to me. Growing up I remember working with my Dad as he taught me how to make a wood vase and at work how the shop always smelled like wood chips. To this day when I smell wood, or even weeds burning, it brings back memories of times with my Pops. So...here's some pictures of Steven in the crib...I went a little camera happy if you can't tell. Thank you Mom and Dad for the good time, memories, and for not stopping after Marjorie but continuing on so I could be a part of this amazing family.
I love how he sleeps with his little bum in the air :) So cute! :)
He's pulling himself up now and this is often how I find him when I get him out of bed now :)
Yummy! :)
Love my sweet boy...Love my family...Love the life that I have been given :)
I feel the same way when I smell wood and such...good memories! You look great by the way!! I was just missing you the other day, I'm glad that I could get a little Camille fix by reading your blog. I don't know how I missed the updates...anyways, sure love ya!
ReplyDeleteLove, Love, Loved this poat. It made me smile and then cry. That little guy looks sooooooooo much like you. Yes, You're Dad did love to work with you with the lathe I think you were the only one to work with him on that. Can't wait until he gets up from his rest to read this post to him. Have I told you lately how Glad I Am That We Had YOu? I am. I'm still crying. Dang it!
ReplyDelete