Steven's new love is Lightening McQueen. He's always loved playing with cars, but now the movie Cars and Madagascar are all he wants to watch. He still likes Toy Story but I think these two movies are his new favorites. We celebrated his birthday with Mike's family on today and opened presents. I originally was going to make alien cupcakes from Toy Story but at the last minute changed my mind to a McQueen cake. While looking for ideas online I decided to try fondant. Marjorie had told me about her good experience with it and that it was easier than she expected so I thought what the heck, I'll try it too! I'm so glad I did. It wasn't nearly as bad as I first thought it would be, but maybe that's just because I wasn't a perfectionist when it came to smoothness or whatever. I just like how I was able to get a crisp look and that it turned out just how I envisioned it to be! I think if I'd tried piping it then I'd have been more frustrated and disappointed. I think I'll most certainly will be using this again in the future! It made me feel good too when Mike's family all liked it and a few asked where I had it made or bought it from. They were probably just being nice but it still made me feel good :) anyways, enjoy the pics! And happy birthday my big boy!
Eating some yummy "shh shh shh" :)
And the cousins
It was kinda crumbly but still tasted good.
It was a fun night and our little boy was spoiled again with presents. Sorry I didn't take any pictures with my phone, just the regular camera, so I don't have any up loaded on the computer to post. But he loved them all and did a lot better ripping off the paper and getting excited and stuff. We gave him plastic toy animals that he already has gotten out and started playing with. My little boy has two loves it seems...cars and animals. Hence his two favorite movies I guess :) he has an animal book that he is always asking me to read to him over and over and over again! I'm so sick of that book and a bear book he really likes, but at the same time it's really fun to see him learn and how smart he is at remembering all the different animal names. I think he's going to be like you Uncle Trent! I guess we'll see if this obsession lasts :) we really want to take him to the zoo when it cools off-I think he'll love that! Stay tuned to see if or when we do! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment